Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives ProgramCanadian Heritage
The Events component of the Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program provides funding to community-based events that promote intercultural or interfaith understanding, promote discussions on multiculturalism, diversity, racism and religious discrimination, or celebrate a community’s history and culture such as heritage months recognized by Parliament.
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, associations and unincorporated groups of individuals
- Canadian incorporated and unincorporated municipalities and townships with a population of up to 10,000
- Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) not-for-profit organizations
We will determine if funding will be disbursed as a grant or as a contribution.
A grant is a payment issued to a recipient for an event. The conditions you agree to at the time of application will apply. At the end of your event, you may be required to submit a report and/or participate in the evaluation of results.
A contribution is a conditional payment issued for a specific purpose, as outlined in a funding agreement. The agreement is signed by your organization and by us and specifies the terms and conditions to receive payment. At the end of your event, you must submit a final report.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing their application
- create or access a Canadian Heritage Funding Portal account and apply online