Capital project: Stormwater Quality, Community ProjectFederation of Canadian Municipalities
DescriptionWe fund capital projects that allow a community to remove 60% of total suspended solids (TSS) or a significant amount of other contaminants (e.g., E.coli, salt, grease) from its stormwater runoff. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes protect local bodies of water through stormwater treatment.
1. All Canadian municipal governments
2. Their project partners, which includes:
- Private sector entities
- Indigenous communities
- Municipally-owned corporations
- A regional, provincial or territorial organization delivering municipal services
- Non-governmental organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Research institutes (e.g., universities)
- Regular loans and grants: Receive a low-interest loan of up to $5 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
- High-ranking project loans and grants: These qualify for a low-interest loan of up to $10 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
How to Apply
Review the system requirements and instructions for using FCM's application forms, including details on how to submit your application.
Review the prerequisites and required supporting documents.
Review eligible and ineligible costs.
Ensure you have a detailed project budget in place.
- Confirm that you’re securing other funding sources for your project:
- Sample Letter Confirming Consultation with Provincial/Territorial Government (a prerequisite for all applicants, except municipal governments in Quebec)
- Sample Letter from Confirmed Funding Sources (required for each contributing organization, including the lead municipality)
- Complete the initial review form.
This funding has a two-stage application process with the following deadlines:
- Initial Review Form: Complete and submit year-round.
- Potential applicants may submit initial review forms at any time. Application forms will be provided to eligible recipients.