Our ability to offer high-quality services relies, in part, on support from the organizations that are members of the CivicInfo BC Society. Membership supports our research tools, our directories, many of our heavily-used databases; all of which are used daily by thousands of local government employees and elected officials.
Membership CategoriesThere are two categories of membership in the CivicInfo BC Society: Regular and Associate.
Regular membership is open to local governments, local government professional bodies, and public sector organizations that are active in the local government sector. Regular members are eligible to vote at CivicInfo BC Annual General Meetings, and representatives from organizations that hold regular membership are eligible to serve on the CivicInfo BC Board.
Associate membership is available to any other person or organization with an interest in CivicInfo BC. Associates are not eligible to vote, and nor are their representatives eligible to serve on the CivicInfo BC Board.
Membership BenefitsWhen one considers the cost savings an organization can realize by using CivicInfo BC's information resources, membership dues is a bargain that can easily pay for itself several times over. Regular members of the CivicInfo BC also receive a number of member-only benefits, including:
- Access to password-protected salary and remuneration surveys.
- Access to a member console / contact list tool, through which you may create tailored e-mail distribution lists for sending letters, council resolutions, and other materials to any or all of BC’s local governments.
- Complimentary postings (RFPs, RFQs, RFEIs) on our heavily used Bids & Tenders service.
- Discounted pre-paid posting packages for our enormously popular local government job board, the largest of its type in Canada.
- The ability to publish announcements in our e-newsletters, sent weekly to 3,500 subscribers.
- The opportunity to participate in the governance of the CivicInfo BC Society.
Annual DuesInvoices for annual dues are mailed to BC local governments in the first week of January. Dues for municipalities are based on population alone, and dues for regional districts are based on population and budget figures.
Become a Member
If your organization is not a member of the Civicinfo BC Society, and you wish to support our services by becoming one, please contact our office at 250-383-4898, or e-mail [email protected]. Our staff will be glad to assist and provide you with any additional information you might need.
List of Members
Listed alphabetically in two columns, the following organizations are Regular members of the CivicInfo BC Society:
100 Mile House
Fort St. James
Fort St. John
Harrison Hot Springs
MCSCD, Province of BC
North Vancouver (City)
North Vancouver (District)
Powell River (City)
Powell River (RD)
Radium Hot Springs
Sechelt (Indian Gov't)
UVic Local Gov't Institute