Upcoming Events< Previous Event 38 of 50 Next >
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm PST
Permeable Pavement Construction and MaintenanceConstruction Industry Training Network
The use of permeable pavements for stormwater management is gaining rapid acceptance across North America. While permeable pavements have been around for a long-time, poor performance is not unusual. This webinar highlights best practices for the design, construction and long-term maintenance of asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete permeable pavements. Lessons learned from the preparation of a new ASCE Standard for the Design of Permeable Pavements is presented.
Guide construction specifications, construction and maintenance guidelines are provided via checklists. A key tool for assessing surface infiltration and subsequent vacuum cleaning is adoption of an ASTM surface infiltration test for PICP. The purpose of this course is to develop an understanding of the key features of design, construction and maintenance of PICPs to assist agencies and other owners to implement permeable pavement system for economical stormwater management.
The learning objectives for this webinar include:
- Understand methods to cost-effectively construct and maintain permeable pavements including porous asphalt, pervious concrete and interlocking concrete paving stones
- Understand structural and hydrologic design
- Identify appropriate specifications for permeable pavements
- Recognize key design and construction features to ensure success
- Optimize water quantity management and quality benefits