Upcoming Events< Previous Event 8 of 42 Next >
8:30 am - 4:30 pm PST
Underground and Overhead Utility Safety AwarenessConstruction Industry Training Network
This one-day workshop is designed to heighten the awareness of Underground and Overhead Utility Safety with a strong focus on safe work practices and industry standards while working in proximity to all types of utilities found in an urban setting. Safety regulations and best practices along with operational techniques surrounding ground disturbance are detailed.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- To convey regulations and acts related to buried utilities in B.C.
- Understand Potential hazards associated with utilities
- Identify best practices and planning prior to excavating
- Knowing you responsibilities regarding contact and reporting
- Knowing the best methods to locate and excavate near utilities
- Identify limits of approach
- Review hand digging techniques
- Top Man (Pad man) Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand BC1Call Ticket information and Map Reading Symbols
- Identifying Underground Utilities Locate Tip & Tricks