Current News Releases
- Prince George Launches Website & Videos For Upcoming Referendum
On June 22nd, the City launched two videos and is highlighting its Referendum 2017 web page as part of an effort to ensure residents are aware of the referendum and the reasons for it.
June 23, 2017
- Lake Country Adopts Innovative Business Licensing Bylaw
Lake Country is moving ahead with a new Business Licensing Bylaw that will speed up the licensing process, reduce costs for start-ups, and improve the service for business owners. This “made in Lake Country” bylaw offers a first-year free approach to fees starting in 2018.
June 21, 2017
- City of New Westminster's Anvil Centre and Office Tower Receive LEED Gold Certification
The City of New Westminster is proud to announce that Anvil Centre and the Anvil Centre Office Tower have officially received LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council.
June 21, 2017
- Coquitlam's Bylaw Cracks Down on Vandalism, Littering and Dumping
Coquitlam plans to adopt a new Litter and Desecration Prohibition Bylaw on June 26 with broader language and higher penalties intended to provide new tools and deterrents to prevent graffiti and other vandalism, littering, and illegal dumping of both liquid and solid materials
June 20, 2017
- Victoria Commences its Witness Reconciliation Program
Since January 1, 2017, Council has been in conversation with the Chiefs of the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations on how best to approach the work of Reconciliation.
June 19, 2017
- City of Prince George wins award for 'Foodie Fridays'
The City of Prince George's Foodie Friday program was honoured recently at the BC Economic Development Awards for in the category of Best Community Project, which recognizes a community or regional partnership that works together in on-going economic development work and activities.
June 16, 2017
- Supreme Court of Canada Denies Cowichan Valley Regional District's Application for Leave
On June 15th, the Supreme Court of Canada dismissed the Cowichan Valley Regional District's application for leave to appeal from the judgment of the BC Court of Appeal in the case of CVRD vs. Cobble Hill Holdings et al.
June 16, 2017
- Coquitlam Creating a Buzz About Pollinators
The City's Protect Our Pollinators project - part of its 2017 Coquitlam in Bloom (CIB) program - aims to get the community involved in helping out the insects and animals that fertilize flowers, fruits, vegetables and nuts.
June 14, 2017
- Expertise Available to Help Municipalities Tackle Climate Change
On June 13th, the Government of Canada and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) announced a new initiative connecting municipalities with local environmental experts.
June 13, 2017
- Coquitlam Wins National Award for Professional Development
The City of Coquitlam has received national recognition for its leadership development program called Leading with Purpose from the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators.
June 12, 2017